Today e-commerce is the most widespread way to earn money. Only a few years ago no one could even imagine that to make online purchases will become the same common thing as a visit to the dentist.
Time and expenditures economy, usage comfort, and international orientation are the main advantages of such activity. In connection with the continuous increasing of online shops the necessity in website testing is relevant more than ever.
Visually attractive and easy to use website is a purpose of any e-commerce startup. Thus, the main task of software testing company is to provide the client with a decent QA procedure.
The main problem of such sites is that their permanent growth is much ahead of its quality. If a potential user opens the site which loads too long or inconvenient in using or navigation, he more than one hundred percent will visit another site. So, in this case, a tester is the main member of the QA team which ensures the client that his product is of high-level quality and ready to see the world.
What Are the Main Website Segments that Should Be Checked by the Tester?
- The first thing that should be accurately explored is a homepage of the site. A tester should check logo, scrolling, correctness of the text and images display, and so on.
- Then a tester should check the page contained the information about the products: images, prices, description, main order options, color display, and etc.
- Also, a tester should use a search in order to test the site’s navigation.
- The shopping-summary cart is next stage to be tested: whether the prices and amounts are displayed correctly, and so on.
- One of the most complex and important parts of the test procedure is to check the work of payment options. It is especially relevant under the conditions of frequent fraud of plastic cards.
- Also, a tester should go through the recommended products which a return user will want to order the next visit.
- After submitted the order, a tester should try to cancel or change it and check the refund functions.
- A tester should repeat all the above-mentioned steps as the registered user and non-authorized user.
One should note here that online shops provide their services not only through the websites but also through the special mobile applications. So, the test directions are much wider.
Main Test Types Performed Under E-commerce:
- usability testing;
- mobile application check;
- functional testing;
- performance control;
- security testing.